About the Module
Backend web development is a crucial aspect of building modern websites and web applications. It is responsible for handling server-side logic, database management, and the creation of APIs that the frontend can use to interact with the application. Learning backend web development with PHP and MySQL can be an excellent choice for anyone looking to start a career in web development or expand their current skillset. Here are a few reasons why you should consider learning backend web development at Code Academy Benin City:
High demand: Backend web developers are in high demand and the skillset is transferable, as knowledge in one technology can be applied to others. Companies of all sizes and across various industries need backend developers to build and maintain their web applications.
Versatility: PHP and MySQL are widely used and supported technologies that can be used to build a wide variety of web applications, including e-commerce sites, content management systems, and web-based software.
Cost-effective: PHP and MySQL are open-source technologies, which means that they are available for free and have a large and active community. This means that learning them is relatively low-cost and easy to access.
Scalability: PHP and MySQL can be used to build web applications that can handle a high number of users and a large amount of data, which makes them a great option for building large-scale web applications.
Strong Community: PHP and MySQL have a large and active community, which means you can easily find resources, tutorials, and help when you need it. This is especially important for learners as it allows for more resources for self-learners.
In summary, learning backend web development with PHP and MySQL at Code Academy Benin City is a great way to gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed as a web developer. It's a cost-effective, versatile, and scalable technology that is in high demand in the industry.
- Introduction to Backend Web Development:
- Overview of the role of the backend in web development
- Understanding server-side logic, database management, and APIs
- Setting up a development environment
- PHP Fundamentals:
- Basic syntax, data types, variables, control structures, and functions
- Arrays, strings, and mathematical operations
- Basic file handling and error handling
- MySQL Fundamentals:
- Understanding database concepts and SQL
- Creating tables and inserting data
- Querying data and updating and deleting records
- Understanding database normalization and data integrity
- PHP and MySQL Integration:
- Connecting to a MySQL database from PHP
- Using prepared statements and PDO
- Understanding CRUD operations in PHP and MySQL
- Security considerations and data validation
- Web application Architecture:
- Understanding the architecture of web applications
- Understanding the relationship between the frontend and backend
- Using forms and user input
- Implementing sessions and cookies
- Developing web applications with PHP and MySQL:
- Building a basic web application using PHP and MySQL
- User authentication and authorization
- Building a CMS or e-commerce application
- Best practices, Security and Performance optimization:
- Best practices for writing secure and performant PHP and MySQL code
- Common security issues and measures to prevent them
- Tips for optimizing PHP and MySQL performance