About the Course
Full-stack web development is a valuable skill that is in high demand in today's job market. Code Academy Benin City offers a comprehensive full-stack web development program that covers all the key technologies needed to build modern web applications.
Another benefit of the program is that it covers the latest technologies, such as React and Next.js. These technologies are widely used by industry professionals and are considered to be some of the most popular and in-demand skills for web development.
Additionally, Code Academy Benin City offers a practical and hands-on approach to learning, which allows students to gain real-world experience and build a portfolio of projects that they can show to potential employers.
In conclusion, learning full-stack web development at Code Academy Benin City is a great investment in your career. The program covers all the key technologies needed to build modern web applications, it uses the latest technologies, and it offers a practical and hands-on approach to learning.
|Location||Onsite - 84, Mission Road. Benin City|
- Introduction to Web Development and the basics of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- HTML: creating headings, paragraphs, links, images and more
- CSS: styling, layout, responsive design
- Bootstrap: creating responsive, mobile-friendly designs
- Building a Website: putting it all together
- Personal Project: students build their own project to showcase their skills
- Basic syntax, data types, variables, control structures, and functions
- Arrays, strings, and mathematical operations
- TypeScript Fundamentals:
- Understanding the concept of type annotations and type inference
- Building stronger and more scalable code
- Understanding interfaces and classes
- Understanding the use of decorators and decorator pattern
- Handling async operations in TypeScript
- TypeScript with popular frameworks:
- Understanding how to use TypeScript with popular framework such as Angular, React, and Vue
- Building web apps using TypeScript and those frameworks
- Best practices and advanced features:
- TypeScript best practices and advanced features such as advanced types, mapped types, and pattern matching
- Debugging and troubleshooting TypeScript code.
- Introduction to React: Overview of the library, its features, and use cases for building user interfaces.
- Setting up a development environment: Installing and configuring the necessary software and tools to begin building apps with React.
- Components and Props: Teaching how to create and organize the visual elements of an app, including components, props, and state.
- Introduction to Redux: Overview of the library, its features and use cases for managing the state of a React app.
- Data Flow and Event Handling: Showing how to manage the flow of data and handle events in a React application using Redux.
- React Hooks: Covering the basics of React Hooks and how they can be used to manage component state and side effects.
- Routing and Navigation: Introducing the basics of routing and navigation in a React application.
- Handling Forms and Validation: Covering different ways to handle forms and validation in React.
- Deploying and publishing: Showing how to build, test, and deploy a React application to a web server.
- Introduction to MongoDB:
- Overview of MongoDB and its architecture
- Comparison with traditional relational databases
- Setting up a MongoDB environment
- MongoDB CRUD Operations:
- Inserting documents
- Querying data
- Updating and deleting documents
- Basic MongoDB commands and use of MongoDB shell
- MongoDB Schema Design:
- Designing collections and documents
- Data modeling
- Indexing in MongoDB
- Using Validation
- MongoDB Aggregation:
- Understanding the Aggregation Pipeline
- Using various pipeline stages
- Using $lookup and $graphLookup
- Explaining and using $indexStats and $collStats
- MongoDB Replication and Sharding:
- Replication in MongoDB
- Setting up replica sets
- Sharding in MongoDB
- Setting up sharded clusters
- MongoDB with Node.js:
- Installing MongoDB driver for Node.js
- Connecting to MongoDB from Node.js
- CRUD operations in Node.js
- Handling MongoDB connection errors
- MongoDB with Express.js and Next.js:
- Integration of MongoDB with Express.js
- CRUD operations and routing in Express.js
- Using Mongoose and Mongoose Models in Express.js
- Integrating MongoDB with Next.js
- Handling MongoDB connection errors
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting:
- Discussing MongoDB best practices
- Tips for optimizing MongoDB performance
- Common MongoDB errors and troubleshooting strategies
- Introduction to Node.js:
- Understanding the basics of Node.js, its architecture and its core modules
- Understanding the Event loop and non-blocking I/O
- Node.js Fundamentals:
- Working with the file system, streams, and buffers
- Building simple HTTP server using Node.js
- Introduction to Express.js:
- Understanding the role of Express.js in building web applications
- Installing and setting up Express.js
- Express.js Fundamentals:
- Routing and handling requests
- Implementing middleware functions
- Understanding how to work with query parameters and request bodies
- Building web applications with Node.js and Express.js:
- Building a simple CRUD application
- User authentication and authorization
- Error handling and debugging
- Best practices and performance optimization:
- Best practices for building scalable and maintainable web applications with Node.js and Express.js
- Tips for performance optimization and troubleshooting
Introduction to Next.js: Overview of the framework, its features, and use cases for building server-rendered React applications.
Setting up a development environment: Installing and configuring the necessary software and tools to begin building applications with Next.js.
Fundamentals of React: Covering basic concepts of React, which is used in Next.js.
Components and Props: Teaching how to create and use components, handle props and state, and manage the component lifecycle.
Routing and Navigation: Showing how to handle routing and navigation in Next.js, including dynamic routing and client-side routing.
Server-side rendering: Introducing the basics of server-side rendering and how it differs from client-side rendering.
API Routes and Data Fetching: Covering how to create API routes and fetch data to build dynamic applications
Handling Assets, Metadata, and CSS: Showing how to handle and optimize assets, add metadata, and style your application with CSS.
Dynamic imports and code splitting: Showing how to use dynamic imports and code splitting to improve the performance of your application.
getServerSideProps: Explaining how to use the getServerSideProps method to fetch data on the server-side and pass it to the client-side.
Deploying and publishing: Showing how to build, test, and deploy a Next.js application to a web server.